The Organizational Science Summer Institute (OSSI) was recently featured in a news release by the University.
The Organizational Science Summer Institute is designed to provide underrepresented undergraduate students with a unique educational opportunity with the following goals:
- Foster undergraduate interest and ability in research, scholarship, application and graduate study
- Provide hands on development of research conceptualization, writing, and presentation skills and intense GRE training
- Expose students to a supportive graduate climate that values multiple diverse perspectives (e.g. disciplinary, demographic, methodology, and intellectual)
- Demonstrate to participants that a career in organizational science offers an exciting challenge and that they are fully capable of such careers
Ten rising juniors and seniors (from this point called “Fellows”) from around the US will be housed at UNC Charlotte. Participants of the OSSI will engage in a number of activities including, but not limited to:
- One-on-one meetings with faculty and current graduate students to discuss research interests and develop a research project
- GRE prep classes
- Networking with other participants
- Meeting with successful professionals in the field of Organizational Science
- Intensive seminars on the research process
For more information regarding OSSI please visit its website.